Straight Body Type – How to Dress for Your ShapeWritten by Dawn Summer in Fashion
Dressing stylishly when you have a straight body type requires less effort than you think. Close to forty-five percent of women fall into this category. To look stunning, focus on balancing your upper torso and hips, while enhancing waist curves. If you feel really brave, you can also wear a form fitting dress with a thick contrasting belt.
Tops for a Straight Body Type
You want to draw attention to your chest as much as possible. Drawing attention to your neck with a V or U shaped collar works well for this. Another option involves decorating your chest with embellishments or layers around your bust. Since you want to accentuate your waist, try to find tops that tighten around your waist, or wear a belt.
These tips might help when you go shopping for tops:
- Wear a padded bra to enhance your natural bust.
- Try to buy tops that feature a belted waist with a full look around your bust and hips.
- Look for tops that draw attention to your neck and shoulders.
- Use a flowing top with a banded waist to create an hourglass illusion.
- Any top that adds volume to your bust, and fits snug on your waist works.
- Flutter or Princess sleeves also give you a dramatic look.
- Embellishments around your bust and shoulders with a fitted waist enhances your natural curves.
- Padded shoulders in your jacket with a nipped in waist and a flared bottom helps too.
Bottoms for a Straight Body Type
To exaggerate your curves, look for bottoms that accentuate your hips. Details like loose pockets on jeans, or wearing cargo pants help to exactly that. You can also wear pants with flared legs, bubble skirts, or low-rise jeans. All of these help create an illusion of wider hips and a smaller waist.
Tips for picking out bottoms for a straight body type:
- Add curves to your hips with wide waist pants that have slightly flared legs.
- Wear pants with pockets that have a flap, or even cargo pockets.
- Make sure your pants come with a low-cut waist.
- Use bubble skits, tiered skirts, or full flowing skirts.
- Make certain you balance your torso with equal attention so that you create an hourglass figure.
If you have any questions or comments on straight body types, feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you want to contact me directly you can email email@example.com.